Last Friday, I was too sick to post because I injured my calf. During my regular bike ride, I decided to take a different route. What I didn’t realize was this route had hills. Yes, you know where this story is going. After arriving home, I felt a little sore that night. I rubbed my leg and thought everything would be okay. The next day, it started to hurt really badly so I took two Tylenols. By that evening, my calf and ankle started to swell and the pain was unbearable. That led me to the ER for help. They did the blood work and determined that I did not have a clot thank goodness. My treatment was RICE (rest, ice, compress, and elevate) which I did. But the ankle swelling and pain persisted, so I went back to the ER for help again. This time, they did an ultrasound on my calf and x-rays on my knee and ankle. You guessed it, I had torn a ligament and tendon in my ankle. For the last 7 days, I have had a novel type of Pandemic hibernation. Now I’m inside because I had to nurse a sore limb. I’m feeling better now! No more bike riding anytime soon, but isn’t she a beauty!
- Check out the WAZE app to avoid flooded streets during the Wet Weekend Weather
- Latest Update on Hurricane Lee
- Category 5 Hurricane Lee will approach land in a few days
- A very special friend and soldier is now with our Lord in heaven.
- The Peak of Hurricane Season is Near: Storms on both sides of the U.S.