Last Friday, I was too sick to post because I injured my calf. During my regular bike ride, I decided to take a different route. What I didn’t realize was this route had hills. Yes, you know where this story is going. After arriving home, I felt a little sore that night. I rubbed my leg and thought everything would be okay. The next day, it started to hurt really badly so I took two Tylenols. By that evening, my calf and ankle started to swell and the pain was unbearable. That led me to the ER for help. They did the blood work and determined that I did not have a clot thank goodness. My treatment was RICE (rest, ice, compress, and elevate) which I did. But the ankle swelling and pain persisted, so I went back to the ER for help again. This time, they did an ultrasound on my calf and x-rays on my knee and ankle. You guessed it, I had torn a ligament and tendon in my ankle. For the last 7 days, I have had a novel type of Pandemic hibernation. Now I’m inside because I had to nurse a sore limb. I’m feeling better now! No more bike riding anytime soon, but isn’t she a beauty!
- 2 Reasons You Need to Prepare a “Disaster Text-Tree” NOW – before the Next Storm
- Wintery Weekend Weather and Weatherforyou.com to help you stay safe
- Diversion for Disasters: I saw President Biden in person this week!
- Blizzard like conditions in California as unprecedented snow and rain blast the state.
- Diversion from Disasters to the 2023 Historic Super Bowl