After Hurricane Katrina, like so many people I could not believe what I was watching on TV and because I grew up spending vacations on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I wondered what type of damage the disaster left on the Gulf of Mexico. That was in 2005 and when and why my book project on Hurricane Katrina Mississippi Black Women commenced. Wow, that was 15 years ago. After interviewing one of the women, it became clear to me when she said, “no one knows what happen to us in Mississippi,” that I had to write the women’s stories. I am thrilled that the women’s experiences will become an official part of the Hurricane Katrina narrative very soon.
- Week #28 The 2021 Hurricane Season Series: Highlights of the Overactive Hurricane Season ending November 30th.
- Week #27 The 2021 Hurricane Season Series: Stormy Weather Over Thanksgiving but no hurricanes.
- Week #26 The 2021 Hurricane Season Series: Hurricane Season is almost over.
- Week #25 The 2021 Hurricane Season Series: November is the last month of hurricane season – Recheck you Hurricane Kit
- Week #24 The 2021 Hurricane Season Series: Rain makers and how to get prepared.