Last week, Tropical Storm Elsa was making her way across the Eastern seaboard. This is week nine of the 2021 hurricane season which will last until November 30th. Since we know another hurricane could develop anytime, here’s what you can do to get ready now before another storm is announced. First, pack a hurricane kit which includes: water, a flashlight & working batteries, a blanket, the telephone number to the utility company and snacks. Next, create an evacuation plan and discuss it with your family and friends. Know your evacuation route. Know your flood risks. Secure valuable such as mortgage and insurance documents, living wills, etc., in a waterproof safety box. Then, go to a safe place until the storm passes over. Until next week, stay alert and share this blog with others so that they can get prepared because we are in Hurricane Season for five more months.
- Dartmouth College: Talk on Mississippi Hurricane Katrina women survivors
- First snowstorm before Thanksgiving.
- 2022 Hurricane Season Series #10: Hurricane Nicole has been downgraded to a Tropical Depression as she moves Northeast
- #6 Persevere Thru the Pandemic Series: Two things to help.
- Book Talk at the Murray African American Cultural Association