This week’s post provides a useful website to keep you and the people you know safe during the threat of a hurricane. #HurricaneStrong website is a national resilience initiative whose goal is to save lives by partnering with FEMA, NOAA and FLASH (the Federal Alliance of Safe Homes). The feature of this week’s is finding your evacuation route. The #HurricaneStrong website provides a link to help you find your evacuation zone and route to safety? This is vital before a hurricane because time is of the essence during disasters and having accurate information is important as storms approach. Regardless of your location in the United States all you need to do is click the “Find your Evacuation Route’ link on #HurricaneStrong website and it leads you away from the ocean and inland to safety. There are other ways #HurricaneStrong can help keep you during disasters and I will discuss those features in a future Blog post. Try it out now before a disaster approaches – just click this link. https://hurricanestrong.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/5-3-21-2021-Find-Your-Evacuation-Zone-Final.pdf
- Dartmouth College: Talk on Mississippi Hurricane Katrina women survivors
- First snowstorm before Thanksgiving.
- 2022 Hurricane Season Series #10: Hurricane Nicole has been downgraded to a Tropical Depression as she moves Northeast
- #6 Persevere Thru the Pandemic Series: Two things to help.
- Book Talk at the Murray African American Cultural Association