I attended a Digital Teaching Symposium by Blackboard this week. In 2020, shortly after the Pandemic started, I became a certified ONLINE Instructor and have kept learning to improve my skillset as an online educator. The Digital Teaching Symposium highlighted many speakers and sessions. My favorite sessions were on ways to engage students interactively with the course content. Some tips from the symposium included using social annotations, flipping case method lessons, and redesigning classes by centering discussions in groups on and off the screen. I look forward to incorporating these strategies in my classes in the fall to increase retention and enhance student interaction.
- Check out the WAZE app to avoid flooded streets during the Wet Weekend Weather
- Latest Update on Hurricane Lee
- Category 5 Hurricane Lee will approach land in a few days
- A very special friend and soldier is now with our Lord in heaven.
- The Peak of Hurricane Season is Near: Storms on both sides of the U.S.