I attended a Digital Teaching Symposium by Blackboard this week. In 2020, shortly after the Pandemic started, I became a certified ONLINE Instructor and have kept learning to improve my skillset as an online educator. The Digital Teaching Symposium highlighted many speakers and sessions. My favorite sessions were on ways to engage students interactively with the course content. Some tips from the symposium included using social annotations, flipping case method lessons, and redesigning classes by centering discussions in groups on and off the screen. I look forward to incorporating these strategies in my classes in the fall to increase retention and enhance student interaction.
- My Talk with the National Congress of Black Women’s Book Club
- 2022 Hurricane Season Series#5: The ‘PEAK’ of is approaching
- #5 Persevere Thru the Pandemic Series: Black Women’s Landmarks Give Hope
- 2022 Hurricane Season Series #3: #HurricaneStrong provides a safe evacuation route
- 2022 Hurricane Season Series #4: Know your ‘Flood’ risk before disasters