I attended a Digital Teaching Symposium by Blackboard this week. In 2020, shortly after the Pandemic started, I became a certified ONLINE Instructor and have kept learning to improve my skillset as an online educator. The Digital Teaching Symposium highlighted many speakers and sessions. My favorite sessions were on ways to engage students interactively with the course content. Some tips from the symposium included using social annotations, flipping case method lessons, and redesigning classes by centering discussions in groups on and off the screen. I look forward to incorporating these strategies in my classes in the fall to increase retention and enhance student interaction.
- 2 Reasons You Need to Prepare a “Disaster Text-Tree” NOW – before the Next Storm
- Wintery Weekend Weather and Weatherforyou.com to help you stay safe
- Diversion for Disasters: I saw President Biden in person this week!
- Blizzard like conditions in California as unprecedented snow and rain blast the state.
- Diversion from Disasters to the 2023 Historic Super Bowl