I attended a Digital Teaching Symposium by Blackboard this week. In 2020, shortly after the Pandemic started, I became a certified ONLINE Instructor and have kept learning to improve my skillset as an online educator. The Digital Teaching Symposium highlighted many speakers and sessions. My favorite sessions were on ways to engage students interactively with the course content. Some tips from the symposium included using social annotations, flipping case method lessons, and redesigning classes by centering discussions in groups on and off the screen. I look forward to incorporating these strategies in my classes in the fall to increase retention and enhance student interaction.
- Dartmouth College: Talk on Mississippi Hurricane Katrina women survivors
- First snowstorm before Thanksgiving.
- 2022 Hurricane Season Series #10: Hurricane Nicole has been downgraded to a Tropical Depression as she moves Northeast
- #6 Persevere Thru the Pandemic Series: Two things to help.
- Book Talk at the Murray African American Cultural Association